PERM Labor Certification Lawyers

International Workers

Gupta & Trujillo’s Immigration attorneys can prepare your PERM Labor Certification to allow you to hire talented EB-2 and EB-3 foreign workers.

At Gupta & Trujillo, our dedicated immigration attorneys can help you with your PERM labor certification throughout Southern California, including Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, the Inland Empire and San Diego County.  Contact our office for a free consultation.

The PERM Labor Certification process is the first part of the permanent residency process through employment based visas.  Employment based visas are available each year for foreign workers seeking to immigrate to the United States and live here permanently.  In most instances, a foreign worker must already have a job offer from a U.S. employer and contain a certain set of skills in order to qualify.  The U.S. employer must obtain a “Labor Certification” through the United States Department of Labor (DOL).  The Labor Certification verifies the following:

  • There are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage; and
  • Hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.

A Labor Certification is required for the following categories:

  • EB-2:  reserved for persons who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or for persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business;
  • EB-3:  reserved for professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.

A Labor Certification is not required for:

  • EB-1:  reserved for persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers;
  • EB-4:  reserved for “special immigrants,” such as religious workers;
  • EB-5:  reserved for business investors who invest $1 million.

NOTE:  You do not need a labor certification for an EB-2 visa, if you can obtain a national interest waiver.

The U.S. employer, as your sponsor, is ultimately responsible for initiating the process.  Your employer must obtain a labor certification through the DOL.  Once the application is approved, your employer must petition USCIS for your visa. 

Gupta & Trujillo can assist you in meeting these requirements in a seamless and efficient manner.  We will guide you through every step of the labor certification process. 

Law Offices of Ramon Trujillo assists clients with Immigration and Criminal Defense in Orange, Irvine, Villa Park, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Tustin, Placentia, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Brea, Stanton, Fountain Valley, Midway City, Costa Mesa, Westminster and throughout all of Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, the Inland Empire, and San Diego County.

© 2024 Law Offices of Ramon Trujillo | Disclaimer
500 North State College Blvd. , Suite 1100, Orange, CA 92868
| Phone: 800-846-0935


FacebookTwitterBlog RSS