Business and Employment Based Visas Lawyers

Foreign Workers Ready for Employment

Gupta & Trujillo’s Immigration attorneys provide expert guidance with your business and employment based visa needs, including H-1B, H-2, H-3, L-1, and O-1 Visas.

At Gupta & Trujillo, our dedicated immigration attorneys can help you with your  business and employmbent based visas throughout Southern California, including Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, the Inland Empire and San Diego County.  Contact our office for a free consultation.

Every year thousands of foreign workers join the American workforce through employment-based visas.  These employment-based visas are subject to an overall numeric limitation each year, which is established by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  An American employer begins the process by sponsoring a foreign worker, who is the “beneficiary” of the petition. These foreign workers bring highly specialized knowledge to their respective fields and help U.S. employers maintain a competitive advantage in the global market. Despite the many benefits these foreign workers may bring to the United States’ economy, business immigration procedures are often extremely complex and the legal processes can be overwhelming.

At Gupta & Trujillo we work closely with you to ensure every part of the sometimes lengthy process is completed smoothly and efficiently.  We will guide you through the process, from the initial filings to the actual hiring of the foreign worker. We can help you explore the options for work authorization and assist you with the documentation requirements necessary to obtain the appropriate visa to meet your business needs.

Temporary Nonimmigrant Work Visas

H-1B Specialty Workers Visa

The H-1B Visa allows businesses to sponsor highly skilled foreign nationals in specialized occupations to work in the United States on a temporary basis.  These specialty occupations typically include, but are not limited to:

  • IT;
  • Computing;
  • Finance;
  • Accounting;
  • Banking;
  • Engineering;
  • Teaching;
  • Medical;
  • Nursing;
  • Legal; and
  • Telecommunications.

This visa category applies to foreign nationals who:

  • wish to perform services in a specialty occupation (H-1B);
  • wish to perform services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project (H-1B2); or
  • who wish to perform services as a fashion model (H-1B3).

Gupta & Trujillo can assist you through the process of hiring a skilled, nonimmigrant temporary worker to meet your needs.  If you are an employer looking to hire a temporary nonimmigrant specialty worker, contact our office today.

NOTE:  The US government places a cap on these types of visas. 

H-1C Nurse Work Visa (classification expired on December 20, 2009 – No longer available)

The H-1C Visa program was not renewed past December 2009. If you are a foreign nurse wishing to work on a temporary basis, the H-1B visa may apply to you.  Contact our office for assistance in this type of Visa. 

H-2 Temporary or Seasonal Work Visa

The H-2 Visa allows employers to bring temporary workers to the United States to fill temporary or seasonal jobs.  The  H-2 visas are divided into two categories: 

  • H-2A: includes temporary agricultural jobs and has a limited to a continuous year; and
  • H-2B: includes temporary non-agricultural jobs.

Gupta & Trujillo can guide you through the necessary requirements needed in order to obtain temporary worker authorization through the H-2 Visa program.

H-3 Professional Training Visa

The H-3 Professional Training Visa allows temporary workers to come to the United States as either:

  • a trainee to receive training (other than graduate or medical education training);
  • or for Special Education Exchange Visitor program. 

Under the H-3 Visa, you must be invited by an organization, company or American citizen for training that is not available in your home country.  You will be allowed to live in the United States until your training is complete.  Contact Gupta & Trujillo to ensure the proper steps are taken in each phase of the application and petition process.

L-1 Multinational Corporation Employee

The L-1 Multinational Corporation Visa allows companies with multiple locations in the United States and abroad to sponsor their foreign employees to join their U.S. branch.   The following employees may be eligible for the L-1 Visa:

  • Managers and Executives who hold a supervisory role within the company (L-1A)
  • Employees with specialized knowledge of the company’s products, services, research, systems, management, operations or procedures which is not widely held or available in the United States. (L-1B).

NOTE:  Within the last three years, an individual must have worked for the company for at least one continuous year prior to relocating to the United States.

Gupta & Trujillo can assist you in bringing multinational employees to work for your United States offices and cas assist you in determining if your business qualifies for the regular or blanket L-1 Visa petition.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Work Visa

The O-1 Extraordinary Ability Work Visa is intended for foreign employees with “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics” to come work temporarily in the United States.   To be eligible, you must have obtained national or international recognition. 

Gupta & Trujillo can assist you in obtaining an advisory opinion to prove eligibility and in the preparation of the O-1 petition and supporting documentation. 

P-1 Internationally Recognized Athletes and Entertainers

The P-1 Internationally Recognized Athletes and Entertainers Visa allows internationally recognized athletes or entertainers to come to the United States for temporary work.  This visa is divided into two categories.

  • P-1A: an internationally recognized athlete coming to the United States for an individual event, competition or performance. 
  • P-1B: a member of an internationally recognized entertainment group coming to the United States to perform.

NOTE: In order to be eligible, the international entertainment gorup has to been recognized internationally for a sustained period of time.

Gupta & Trujillo can help assist you in preparing and filing the necessary documents in order to ensure that you are able to come to the United States under this type of visa.

Permanent Resident Visas

The visas described above grant only temporary status in the United States.  You may obtain a Green Card (Permanent Residency) through other employment based visas.  Please see our section on the PERM Labor Certification for more information.

Law Offices of Ramon Trujillo assists clients with Immigration and Criminal Defense in Orange, Irvine, Villa Park, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Tustin, Placentia, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Brea, Stanton, Fountain Valley, Midway City, Costa Mesa, Westminster and throughout all of Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, the Inland Empire, and San Diego County.

© 2024 Law Offices of Ramon Trujillo | Disclaimer
500 North State College Blvd. , Suite 1100, Orange, CA 92868
| Phone: 800-846-0935


FacebookTwitterBlog RSS